salt water rinse...

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

we offer
not
the truth
but a shaded
outline
of who we
wish
we were
I sing
I dance
I paint
I write
I
I
I
I

vomit
in the mouth
of a salt water rinse cycle
that seemingly
does not
cure
the oozing sore
of
what is
what we
call
our
"relationships"

Indeed
I write letters
to myself
not just
to
the vast void
of
nowhere land
that is what captures
our attention
and steals our true identity
day in
and
day out

we flock to a flickering
icon
and click
away our time
to feel something
about ourselves
that we dreamt of
when we were little
and now
technology
gives us the tools
to attempt to "live out"
our fantasy

how dull
how apathetic
how pathetic
have we become
that it is more entertaining
to sit
and stalk
and type
and click
and come up with clever things to
"like"
or update cryptic messages
so that our comment box will be full
to the brim
screaming to the "world"
look at me
i matter
i am popular
with the other lemmings
that are leaping over this ledge with me
all while texting
and updating their status'

No comments:

Post a Comment