New baby and all tha...zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

For starters I would like to go on the record as saying that even though it has been 8 years since my last child was born that it is comforting to know that some things never change.  That certain things in life remain true to form and never seem to make you go "OH .. that's new".  Take sleep deprecation for instance.. it still stinks I see.  Little Luke is a really good baby and for the most part sleeps pretty good.. for an infant that is. For the most part I have been caught off guard by the newness of a baby in the house.  It has been so long it feels almost like Luke is our first all over again.  I found myself sanitizing the cart at Target.  I did not even do that for Gideon, but apparently I am a tad over-protective of this little guy.  I even told dad to "watch the soft spot" on his head.   Yes, yes.. I was THAT mom.  It is so sweet to watch my other two "older" kids just love on Luke.  They have been so great with him.  Skye was actually in the room when Luke was born and she said it was the most amazing experience she has ever had in her life.  It was touching to hear her squeal with delight as he was being born.  She was literally jumping up and down and giggling.  It is a moment I will always cherish.  Gideon, who did NOT want to be in the room..came in minutes later and met his brother.  He was overwhelmed and even sat down in a chair and just tears came down his face.  Boys process things so much more differently.  Gideon then came over and held his brother and pretty much does not want to put him down at all now.  Tim, who is my hero everyday..was once again there for me and held my hand as we welcomed a new life into the world and into our family.  We all gathered around and prayed for Luke and sang him Happy Birthday.. I am still waiting on the cake ;-)

The first weeks of mommyhood can be rough.  If anyone tries to tell you otherwise they are lying to you and are probably laughing at you.  It is not all rainbows, butterflies and sparkles.. although with sleep deprivation you WILL "see" these things but as soon as you start getting regular sleep again the hallucinations usually do go away.. if not .. well, see your doc.

Thank you all for your prayers and your well wishes to me and my family on the birth of our sweet baby Luke.  I will try to keep you updated and have some new posts for you very soon!

Blessings!

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment