Fix you...

Friday, April 2, 2010

So I am listening to Coldplay today.. shocker right? And "Fix you" comes on. This song has been a favorite of mine for many years and it seems to move me every time. Very rarely can one song do this over and over but indeed this one does. I think the whole thought of anyone saying that they would want to try and fix me is what chokes me up. The lyrics:


When you try your best but you don't succeed
when you get what you want but not what you need
when you feel so tired but you can't sleep
stuck in reverse
and the tears come streaming down your face
when you lose something you can't replace
when you love someone but it goes to waste
could it be worse?
Lights will guide home
and ignite your bones
and I will try
to fix you
Well high up above or down below
when you're too in love to let it go
but if you never try you'll never know
just what you're worth
lights will guide you home
and ignite your bones
and I will try to fix you


(now at this point of the song the music builds and I just imagine myself running as fast and as hard as I can pushing past the pain past the burn past the thing or person I am actually running from.. from the fear . ... from the loneliness.. from the past... from who I was before... before HE came and fixed me...)



tears stream
down your face
when you lose something you could not replace
tears stream
down your face
and I.... I.....
tears stream
down your face
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes
tears stream
down your face...
and I... I....

Lights will guide you home
and ignite your bones
and I will try ... to

fix you.




See.. It doesn't have to be a Chris Tomlin song to touch your heart.. to have God actually speak to you. The cool thing is HE created music and if he wants to be seen or heard in it .. he will be... he is that amazing.
I feel so unworthy of the sacrifice He made for me.. for us.. But in all my tattered shame I am every day reminded that He died for me and that if I allow him too.. he can fix me.

Happy Easter everyone...

May you never forget your worth and the price that was paid for you... that even while you were in your dirtiest, lowest, scummiest worthless point.. he STILL died for you... and LOVES you.

No comments:

Post a Comment