a childs prayer...

Monday, March 14, 2011

I was just tucking my children into bed and was praying with them when my oldest; Skye, who is 7 prayed this:

Dear God,
Thank you for the beautiful people of Japan. I am so sad about the tsunami and all of the people who were swept away. I am sad that they were not saved. I am sad for the people who got hurt and have scars. But God, thank you for their scars because that means they were not swept away and they can be saved.

amen.


I was so moved by these simple, honest, true words of a child that I HAD to share.
God, THANK YOU for our scars.


<3
Heather

2 comments:

  1. Awww! Little people understand so much more than most people give them credit for. What a sweet little one you have. And very deep! What a wonderful gift! :)

    We have friends in Japan. Thankfully, they are in Aomori prefecture and really weren't affected. We still had a sad and terrifying two days before they were able to email & tell us they were ok. It's just so over-the-top horrible. Sometimes I wonder what God's plan is, but I still trust Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful! Sometimes, as a parent, it becomes so evident why God said our faith needs to be like that of a child. <3

    ReplyDelete